Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Under the knife!

Derek got his ankle surgery on the 16th of January
Prepped for surgery...nice flattering gown too! Ha ha

Cute little socks with bears on it!

And a rockin' cool hat!

Coming out of Anesthesia, was funny and groggy. They showed me the piece of bone that was floating around in there. It was about half the size of a pea and a triangle shape.  The doctor said it was just moving around in there and causing inflammation and causing problems.
  

Now he is in a boot and on crutches! I like to call him "gimpy"
He has been limited on what he can do so I have had to left and carry things that I normally wouldn't have had to. I will be glad to have him back to normal!!  For sure!  
Here is what it looked like at his follow up a few days after! Yucky! But healing well!
Glad he is on the mend! 

No comments: