I have been going back and forth lately on weather or not I want to set an induction date.
I know I don't want to be induced early because I don't want labor to be longer than it needs to be., because I want to go natural, like I did last time. I am just not sure weather or not I want to be overdue by a week, like I did with my last one and then be induced anyway. With my 4 children, I have gone into labor on my own once. With my first baby. Now if I go into labot on my own with this one, problem solved, right?? :) It is in the case that I go over due that I am debating about.
The convience of knowing I will for sure have him by a paticular day is nice. Having a babysitter schedueled for and induction...deffinitly a plus! But going into labor on my own makes labor easier and more effective. Maybe it is because I don't know if or when I would actually go into labor. I go back and forth. I guess I am just trying to work out the pros and cons of each. I know that EVENTUALLY I would go into labor. "when my body is ready" But I don't really want to have to push out a 9 pound baby if he is like 2 weeks over due!!
Also this little boy is bigger than my girls have been and puts a lot more pressure on my body, which could send me into labor. Maybe. I guess it is the unknown that makes me nervous. Plus the fact that My husband has a youth conference the 2 days before my due date that could possibly be taking him an hour and a half away from me. That makes me nervous. My last labor wasn't that long and a lot can happen in that amount of time. Then he has a young mens camp out just a week and a half or so after my due date. Is it likely that I will go ito labor in that week? Again, the unknown.
I don't know if there is a perfect answer. I suppose I am just venting. Getting my thoughs out and hoping that maybe they will make more sense on paper.....or on the screen.
Anyway, that's all I guess.......
have you ever gone into labor after being induced? I would love to hear happy stories of your experiences. Please no horror stories, I worry about everything already, I don't want to add more things to that list. :-/ Thanks for resding my rant. In a couple months this will be totally obsolete, but for now its on my mind.
Hope you all have a great day!!
6 months ago

8 comments:
Schedule it!!! I'm all about being induced. But that's because my babies are 9 pounds two weeks early!!! ACK!!! So I have been scheduled to be induced with all of my kids. And this one is the same. That being said, I've only been induced two of the times. Well, one... kind of. I was induced with Brizden the day before my due date. Rylek I went in to labor two weeks early. And with Ledger I was suppost to go in the next day to be induced but walaa he decided to come the night before, but I wasn't in full labor so I got the induction medication. If this one doesn't come a week early he's coming wether he wants to or not. In my opinion and my experience the induction made no difference in my labor at all. They were all super fast and the induction wasn't any harder or any worse, (that being said I'm an epidural gal...) But... it's so hard... I'm afraid mine is going ot come early and Eli won't be able to arrange his schedule... So I'm going to be stuck having the baby by myself on the side of the road because it will take me too long to get the boys somewhere and then you know... phew... Let's just fast forward two months shall we? For both of our sanities!!!
I've been induced with all three so far, and I'm hoping to be induced this time as well.
1st baby: 9 days overdue, induced, 19 hour labor, vacuum extraction. The whole thing was pretty much a bad experience.
2nd baby: Induced at 39w exactly due to low fluid. 17 hour labor, but much easier than the first.
3rd baby: Induced one day shy of 39 weeks, labor was 7 hours total, and SO easy compared to my first.
So all in all, my early inductions have been awesome, and that's the route I want to go this time as well. But then again, I've never gone into labor on my own, so I don't have anything to compare it to.
If your cervix is pretty ready to go, I don't think an induction would lengthen your labor by much, right? Good luck!
Well, that's tough. Each one of my pregnancies I have hoped for a natural birth but for each one I have had to be induced. NO FUN. Belle was ten days late and induced because of the stress. Lily was seven days early and induced because of a placenta tear and she was nearly 9 pounds. Then there is Tony. Induced four days late after having my membranes stripped twice....he just wouldn't come and I was dying. I was huge and miserable and he was also over eight pounds. I think you do what you have to do. Only you know what you can or can't handle. Plus, either way, so long as the baby gets here and you're both healthy that is all that really matters. I totally understand the convenience of planning ahead though, especially when you have a busy husband! I TOTALLY get that! Good luck!
P.S. I tried going natural on the pit twice....don't do it! You will suffer so badly! 8 hours into it with Belle and I caved, imagine how much faster it would have gone if my body hadn't have been fighting it. I took hypno birthing classes and read four different natural birthing books and felt ready, but nothing prepares your body for the pitocin. I have talked to several hypno birthers who have told me they just couldn't get through the pit either, so I know it's not just me. PHEW. I was starting to feel like a wimp. But I have never cried so hard in all my life!
I'm not too worried about going natural with pit. I have done it before, with my last one. I think I will set an induction date though. After my due date be a day or two. If he doesn't decide to come on his own, there will be a day i can count on. It was hard being overdue...everyday seemed like ETERNITY!!
I've been induced with both my pregnancies. 1st pregnancy at 40 weeks. Second pregnancy at 39 weeks. I have really hard pregnancies with lots of preterm labor stuff which is funny becuase I've ended up having to be induced (but actually not so funny... :)). I had a good experience with the induction both times. Part of me really wants to let my body do it on its own but most of me really wants to have a date in mind that I know it'll be over if not before then. I love having a date to look forward to and knowing I wont have to go over that. I've also heard a lot more horror stories of people that go overdue than inductions so it just makes me comfortable knowing that I'll be holding my baby and know they're alive and well because they're with me...if that makes sense. Good luck!!
Yeah, everyones labor is different. I could have handled pit if it had only been a few hours. However, double peaking contractions for over 8 hours I just get tired and started losing focus. Not to mention back labor...hopefully you don't have to deal with that! Good luck, you'll do great!
speaking of. I have my induction date... the 25th and I better not go before then because my family won't be here and my husband can't get work off until then... I'll be up a creek... I'm getting a little nervous... Can't wait to see what you decide!!! All these obnoxious things we have to decide huh!
Post a Comment