We went on a walk this morning.....
(trying to progress this baby along as much as I can before the big event.)
But as we began to walk, we keppt seeing dogs NOT tied up. If any one you know my girls, they DO NOT like dogs. Big or little, doesn't matter. They freak out! So as I kept seeing these dogs, I kept getting more and more annoyed. I am not anti-dog person, I believe people should be able to have what ever animal they want to. But I do belive that in you take on a pet, be prepared to take care of it.
I counted at least 4 dogs not tied up while on a walk. No big deal, but I have been confronted by mean dogs in our neighborhood while walking before. Like being approached by a big barking dog is on anyones list of favorite things....right!! And you never know weather the dog is harmless or mean. I guess it kind of took some of the fun out of taking a walk when you are having to be concerned with other peoples dogs running free around the neighborhood.
Ok I will stop venting now.
6 months ago

1 comment:
Boy! You are absolutely right!! We have so many dogs here that the owners don't keep tied up. It makes me SO mad when I'm trying to just enjoy a lovely day and some dog gets crazy just because I happen to be passing it's house AND then when I'm mowing the lawn? AAARRGGGG!!! Stepping in some dog's mess - TOTALLY inconsiderate of the owner's. There's one lady here in town that has an actual path worn into her grass by some of these dogs. It all really makes me mad! If they want to think their dogs are so darling, that's fine - BUT!!!! Yes, can you tell you hit a hot spot with me!! :) Oh, there was a lady out walking here in town a few years ago and someone's "nice" dog - who was NOT tied up, attacked her. He ripped up her legs and was going for her throat as she managed to get to the owner's house and get inside the front porch where she called for help! "Gee, our dog is usually nice..." Grrrr - and that Grrrr is from me! Oh, yeah, I was riding my bike several years ago and another "nice" dog came from nowhere barking and snarling and grabbed my leg and pulled me off my bike. I let out a scream and the owner came out immediately, so I was spared any further damage, although my leg was swollen with bite marks. By the way, these owners did put the dogs down, BUT, neither incident would have happened, if the dogs has been restrained!!!!! Yes, can you tell you hit a hot spot with me!! :)
Post a Comment