| There were a couple of different things I wanted it to have, |
| First I wanted a little opening, being summer and all, I didn't want it to get too hot in there. I got the inspiration here. http://www.katiesnestingspot.com/2011/08/baby-gear-must-have-car-seat-canopy.html I debated between doing a window or nothing at all, but decided on the open flap type. I couldn't find a tutorial on it, so I came up with the design myself. Thinking about it in the night one night. It was nerve wracking making that cut right up thte middle of my newly made canopy, but it turned out well, so I am glad I did it! |
I also wanted it to have elastic around the back because where we live, it is windy and a regular blanket like canopy would just blow all over the place. I wanted it to stay in place.
I got the tutorial here
This is what my oldest was doing while I sewed this project......pretty creative!!
All in all, a success I think! I just have to put snaps on the opining and velcro on the handle straps. But the major part is done! YEA!! one more thing done before baby comes in 23 days!!

3 comments:
Hooray about progress! BOO about dogs. You can always come walk on my treadmill. :) Hooray for the car seat canopy! Good job!(even though you gave into sports fabric!) Hang in there for the last little bit of time!
LOL I have to laugh about the fabric choices. Eli would KILL me if I used anything sports with my boys. Too funny. I have to stick with stripes that are in boy colors, etc... no prints at all! So it gave me a good giggle!!! The car seat color looks great!!! I've never used one... hmmm... maybe I should... however I never carry around my car seat maybe that's why I never have... who knows... it looks great though! And hurray for privacy so strangers aren't touching our kids... drives me crazy... speaking of... I'm headed in to get the whooping cough vaccine... so is Eli... our kids already have it but it's been too long for us and with all the outbreaks and infants coming out not breathing right now and dying, our doctor highly recommends it... because my vaccine will protect the baby until they are two months and can get one on their own! Is their an outbreak of that in SL too? I've been watching all the infant deaths up here and in Cali and it breaks my heart...
Kristen, The car seat is wonderful for a little guy. How you think it all up is beyond me, but it looks great!
Post a Comment