Friday, February 19, 2010

The basement

The basement has been a work in progress for some time now, We have been enjoying the extra space for a couple months, but I am just now getting around to posting it. Mostly for Derek's Mom to see what a great job he has done!!
Derek did the carpet and the wood floor himself!

I like how it looks with the dark wood on the landing.

Derek's office. He calls his man room. He does not like to have anything girly or pink in that room. Who can blame the poor guy. He is kind of out numbered around here.
This is a cool shelf he redecigned from a shelf he bought for really cheap at IKEA. I was originally a horizontal shelf with 2 shelves on each side.



This has been his most recent endevor. He wanted to pain something in the girls room. He had a great idea to use a projector and transperencies. Just like coloring a coloring book...sort of. :p

I wouldn't have been able to do it.

The finished Peter Pan and Wendy


Snow white and Dopey

Kitty Marie from the Aristocats


And Of course, who can forget Tinkerbell!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

that looks great! Way to go on the painting!!!

Rebecca E. said...

I love it! So many of my friends out here have refinished their basements into playrooms and I just love how yours turned out! Ellie was looking at this with me and just fell in love with all the characters on the wall! You guys did a great job!

GramieK said...

HOLY SMOKES!!!!! It's BEAUTIFUL!! Derek, GOOD JOB!!!!
I LOVE the storybook figures in the playroom! What a neat idea!
And the office is just super! Wow -so great that you can do all this yourselves!!!

Sheri said...

Wow! That all looks great. Was it hard to find the right colors for everything?

Momzoo said...

That is cute! I love the wall painting in the girl room.

Mike has a "Man Room" also. It is red and black..lol!

Trish-the ad-match Queen said...

WOW! I hope that we can do something cool like that in the nursery! I'm very impressed with your house! I haven't even seen very much of it but I'm very impressed!